Tax investigations can be disruptive and of concern thus taking correct and timely action is of utmost importance. With the increase in complexity in tax legislation as well as tax compliance and reporting matters, the need for adequate support and assistance is becoming even more important.
Our team of tax professionals will provide you with the necessary support and assistance with any queries, tax audits and investigations initiated by the Tax Authorities to minimise your potential tax risks and exposures.
Tax investigations may be initiated in various areas of taxation, including Income Tax and Value Added Tax. We have the necessary accounting and tax expertise to assist you with the preparation of the necessary documentation which needs to be presented to the tax authorities and assist you with the negotiations with the tax authorities.
Our services include:
- Review of tax positions, tax returns and tax payments;
- Assessing tax risk profiles and exposure;
- Handling compliance checks;
- Handling tax interventions and enquiries;
- Detailed capital accretion exercises aimed especially at individuals facing unexplained wealth orders;
- Negotiation and resolution of disputes with tax authorities;
- Advising on interest and penalties;
- Representation with the Office of the Commissioner for Revenue.